Chocolate Carob Flavor, Walnut-Oat Flour, Chia Protein, Pancakes
These are delicious pancakes that serve more of a health benefit than just an eating them for a meal. These are packed full of omega-3’s, vitamin B, D, and E, minerals, and fiber. Chia seeds are a super food, with a significant amount of protein, which can boost your mood, energy levels, brain function, and overall health.
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
2 scoops of chia protein
3 tablespoons toasted Carob powder
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract (alcohol free)
2-3 cups hazelnut milk
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (cooking oil)
1/8 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (topping)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (topping)
1/4 frozen blueberries (topping)
2-4 table spoons molasses (topping)
- Combine gluten-free oat flour, Chia Protein, and carob powder together into a blender.
- Add vanilla extract and hazelnut milk to the mixture and blend till evenly smooth.
- Meanwhile preheat skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Once skillet is hot, using a 1/8 size measuring cup, scoop batter on skillet. (Make sure to leave about 1/2 inch between pancakes in order for them to expand).
- Pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles appear and the edges look slightly dry.
- Flip pancakes and cook for another couple of minutes on the other side.
- Remove from heat and serve while hot.
- Top with nutmeg, unsweetened coconut flakes, blueberries, molasses, or any of your favorite toppings.
Toppings: Banana, berries, cinnamon, cardamom, cocoa nibs, nuts, or vegan sweeteners.
Vegan Sweeteners: Agave nectar, maple syrup, or date syrup