Jaclyn’s Sweet N’ Crumbly Corn Bread
This is a plant-based corn bread and it is also naturally gluten-free. Corn is packed with carotenoids and antioxidants that are known to promote eye health. Corn contains fibrous nutrient rich minerals and vitamins, which can aid in digestion. Jaclyn’s Sweet N’ Crumbly Corn Bread can be paired with soups or salads and any savory dish.
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 cup milled almond flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup dairy free unsweetened yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup frozen corn kernels
4 scallions (sliced into small pieces)
1/2 small white onion (diced into small pieces)
2 tablespoons brown sugar or vegan sweetener
- First Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into mixture and continue to mix until all ingredients are evenly blended together.
- Slightly grease a glass baking dish and transfer the ingredients into the casserole dish.
- Top the corn bread mixture with diced white onions over the top and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top.
- Place dish in the oven for about 45 minutes. (Corn bread should look golden brown on the edges)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.