Organic Super Food Beet Sauce For Any Dish
This detoxifying super food beet sauce is worth trying on every dish! I’ve grown to love and enjoy eating beets in many dishes as they are packed full of anti-inflammatory agents and essential vitamins. I’ve used beets in many dishes like appetizers, salads, side dishes, and dinners. Combining delicious organic beets and adding fresh herbs enhances this beet sauce recipe with a refreshing taste.
Healthy Tip: Buy organic or shop at a local farmers markets to get the best quality ingredients. Using fresh herbs over dried herbs are better for bringing out the refreshing aroma and flavors.
12 ounces pasta (gluten-free)
3-5 red beets washed, scrubbed, ends cut
1 lemon (lemon juice)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First wash and scrub beets and chop the ends off. Wash fresh herbs and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook 12 ounces of gluten-free pasta based on the directions. After cooked rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Next, using a large sauce pan, fill it with purified water so beets are submerged under water. Bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer for about 45-60 minutes depending on tenderness. They will be done when you can puncture with a fork with out forcefully doing it.
- Remove beets from stove. Strain and allow to cool.
- After the beets have returned to a cooler temperature where they can be easily handled remove the skins. This can be done using a paper towel and rub back and forth with your hands. Use caution, as the beets will stain everything red including your skin.
- Next slice beets to smaller portions then transfer beets to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Add fresh basil, fresh parsley, lemon juice and process until smooth. Can add Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Mix the flavorful red beet sauce with the gluten-free pasta.
- Serve immediately. Can keep in fridge up to two days. Try this super food beet sauce on any dish!
Fresh Herbs: Cilantro, Tarragon, Thyme, Mint or Sage.