Jaclyn’s Greek Goddess Pesto Pizza
I fell in love with creating my original pizza recipe, so I decided to make another one! Jaclyn’s Greek Goddess Pesto Pizza brings back memories of familiar flavors in Mediterranean recipes. What makes this recipe worth every bite, are the delicious infused toppings made using 100% plant-based ingredients. Having perfected my vegan gluten-free pizza dough, I came up with Greek inspired creation that consisted of powerhouse alkalizing vegetables that help to neutralize the body and promote your lifeforce!
1 pound cauliflower florets (1 head of large cauliflower)
3 tablespoons flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water (egg replacer)
1/2 cup brown rice flour (I found brown rice flour works the best out of all the gluten free flours)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
6 oz Basil Pumpkin Seed Pesto (4 – 6 table spoons to smooth over the top of pizza crust)
1 cup Raw Spinach
1 tablespoon Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives (sliced)
1 tablespoon Kalamata Olives (sliced)
1/2 White Onion (thinly sliced)
A hand full of raw Walnuts
A hand full of fresh Basil (chopped finely for garnish)
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you would like you can line a baking sheet with parchment paper first.
- Next add cauliflower florets in a food processor. Chop finely into rice grain sized pieces.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, brown rice flour, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil.
- Next, mix 2 tablespoons of flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water into a separate bowl. Set aside until (flax-egg) mixture has thickened.
- Next, stir in the mixture of the “egg replacer” with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Using a baking sheet, press and shape the mixture into the mold of the baking sheet. Try keeping the pizza crust about 1/4-inch thick and press together firmly. (The thinner the pizza crust = Less time in the oven)
- Now its time to bake! Place in oven for about 30 – 45 minutes. Crust should look slightly brown and be dry to the touch.
- After pizza crust has reached desired texture, take out of oven and use an additional piece of parchment paper to flip over pizza crust. Place pizza crust back in the oven to brown the other side about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Next, remove pizza crust from oven and add your favorite toppings. Optional: To warm the toppings, place pizza back into oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs or spices!
- Enjoy right away.
If you love this recipe please share it. Also connect with me on social media.