Jaclyn’s Artisan Style Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Jaclyn’s artisan style cauliflower crust pizza is made with all natural ingredients. Its 100% vegan and gluten-free! The best part about preparing this dish, is anyone who makes it can add in various toppings to make it catered to their liking. This recipe offers several health benefits which includes high volumes of anti-inflammatory agents, antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamin C, K, and beta-carotene. The cruciferous family vegetables (cauliflower) are known to contain powerful cancer fighting agents. Cauliflower is known to support the human body, brain function, digestion, immune system function, and increases the detoxification process.
1 pound cauliflower florets (1 head of large cauliflower)
3 tablespoons flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water (egg replacer)
1/2 cup brown rice flour (I found brown rice flour works the best out of all the gluten free flours)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
6 oz tomato puree (4 -6 table spoons to smooth over the top of pizza crust)
1 small Roma tomato (sliced into pieces)
1 table-spoon Kalamata olives (sliced)
4-5 baby Portobello mushrooms (baby Bella, Portabellini, White Button, Cremini)
1-2 Thai shallots (sliced into pieces)
A hand full of fresh Basil (chopped finely for garnish)
A hand full of fresh Parsley (chopped finely for garnish)
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next add cauliflower florets in a food processor. Chop into rice grain sized pieces.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, brown rice flour, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water into a separate bowl. Let sit till mixture is thickened.
- Next, stir in the mixture of the “egg replacer” with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Using the lined baking sheet, shape and mold the mixture into the parchment-lined baking sheet. Try keeping the pizza crust about 1/4-inch thick and press together firmly.
- Place in oven for about 30 – 45 minutes. Crust should look slightly brown and be dry to the touch.
- After pizza crust has reached desired texture, take out of oven and use an additional piece of parchment paper to flip over pizza crust. Place pizza crust back in the oven to brown the other side for an additional 10 – 15 minutes.
- Next, remove pizza crust from oven and add your favorite toppings. Optional: To warm the toppings, place pizza back into oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs or spices!
- Enjoy right away.
Unknown Author (15th, Oct. 2017), “Cruciferous Vegetables and Cancer Prevention.” National Cancer Institute, www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cruciferous-vegetables-fact-sheet.
Dr. Mercola (15th, Oct. 2017), “8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cauliflower.” Mercola.com, articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/22/cauliflower-health-benefits.aspx.