Italian Inspired Vegan Lasagna (Gluten-Free)
Who does not love a rich and hearty meal? This creation will tickle your taste buds. My Italian Inspired Vegan Lasagna encompasses 100% plant-based vegan alternative’s, which are the bulk of this creation. I love making dishes that will inspire others to include more plant-based sources into their food consumption! In this dish I used Beyond Meat (Italian sausage), complimentary to “salsiccia” as it is referred to in Italy! Eloquently, this is paired with Violife Vegan Mozzarella Shreds, covered in my authentic home made tomato sauce. Each bite keeps you going back for more!
Healthy Tip: To keep this keto friendly, you can replace the gluten-free noodles & meat. Replace the gluten-free noodles with using fresh egg plant (pre-sliced strips/slices), and replace the meat with tofu.
1 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cooking oil)
1 Tablespoon garlic (minced)
1 White Onion (finely chopped)
16 oz Beyond Meat (ground) | Keto friendly use 14 oz sprouted Tofu
8 oz Violife Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
10 oz Brown Rice Pasta Lasagna (Plan to use whole pack. Cooked al dente before) | Keto friendly use 2 medium size egg plant (add topping raw)
12 oz Authentic Home Made Tomato Sauce
A hand full of fresh Parsley (finely chopped) + 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (mixed until forms paste)
Season with Himalayan or Kosher Salt and Pepper for taste!
Instructions: (Prepare Authentic Home Made Tomato Sauce first)
1. Start with using large sauce pan, boil water, and add rice noodles. Boil for 7 minutes until al dente! When done, rise in cool water, drain, and set aside.
(If your preparing keto friendly version skip this step, and make sure your egg plant is ready to use as topping (pre-sliced strips/slices) and set aside.
2. Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Meanwhile, using a skillet add extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the garlic, onions, and stir in meat. Cook on medium-low until meat is browned.
(If your are preparing keto friendly version do the same as above with adding tofu instead of meat. Break up tofu into pan with your hands).
4. Now, its time to prepare the baking dish. Using a 9×9 baking dish, measure 1 cup of tomato sauce and cover the bottom of your baking dish.
5. Next, lay down noodles (or replacement) as topping. Measure another cup of sauce and layer over the top.
6. Now, grab a hand full of shredded cheese and spread over the top of the sauce.
7. Continue the layering process with adding the browned meat or tofu next. Repeat the same order of layering the ingredients till you use up the noodles or egg plant. You can sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top & Parsley topping!
8. Cover with foil, and place in oven. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
9. Season with Himalayan or Kosher Salt and Pepper for taste!
If you love this recipe please share it. Also connect with me on social media.