Chocolatey Superfood Reishi & Oat Flour Pancakes
A powerhouse plant-based breakfast loaded with omegas benefits your brain activity and boosts your energy. Our Chocolatey Superfood Reishi and Oat Flour Pancakes contain 100% plant-based protein. Our pancake recipe is made using the superfood Reishi mushrooms (containing 9 essential amino acids), the most common combination of protein blocks found in the human body. Our non-traditional pancake recipe includes oat flour that naturally contains healing properties that help maintain cardiovascular health and reduce high cholesterol levels, and keep your health in check! Our recipe is sure to please chocolate lovers and is simple enough that everyone including the kids will have a joy making and eating it! As the topping, we’ve paired this with Jaclyn Creations Overnight Oats that have a semi-sweet banana and rich chocolate flavor. Overall, we’re pleased to offer a gluten-free or celiac-friendly option, and we’re confident you’ll enjoy it. Aside from that, our signature oat flour is made with finely ground oats sourced locally in Portland, Oregon. Gluten-free oat flour is ideal for cooking, baking, and thickening!
Healthy Tip: Oat flour is high in fiber; both insoluble and soluble fiber which will help to fuel you, make you feel fuller and longer and helps to prevent constipation.
1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cooking oil)
1-2 cups gluten-free oat flour
1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon flaxseeds + 2 tablespoons water (egg replacer)
3 tablespoons coconut oil (softened, optional)
3 tablespoons dark vegan chocolate chips
2 tablespoons Coco & Reishi superfood powder
2 tablespoons date syrup (optional, or use another plant-based sweetener)
1.5 cups plant-based milk (add more for smoother consistency)
1. Combine egg replacer with the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl first, then stir in the dry ingredients.
2. Mix well, until ingredients are mixed evenly.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the skillet over medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
4. Once the skillet is hot, using a 1/8 size measuring cup, scoop the batter into the skillet. (Make sure to leave about 1/2 inch between pancakes in order for them to expand).
5. Pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles appear and the edges look slightly dry.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for another couple of minutes on the other side. Do not flatten or the consistency will lose its fluffiness.
7. Remove from heat and serve while hot.
8. Top with your favorite toppings.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.