Tasty Ginger Root Carrot Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This vegan, gluten free soup recipe is packed full of savory sweet and slightly spicy aromas. Ginger root is known for increasing metabolism, inhibits autoimmune symptoms and helps to stimulate brain function. Get your taste buds roaring and try this slightly spicy and sweet soup that will keep you coming back for more. This recipe only takes about 20-25 minutes. I love how this vegan, gluten free soup is so versatile where you can do just about anything to bring out its robust flavors.
Healthy Tip: Buy local or organic vegetables to enhance the flavors
4 cups home made organic vegetable stock
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion (white or yellow)
1/3 cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
1 pound carrots (peeled and diced)
1 medium Yukon Gold potato (peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
Season with kosher salt and pepper for taste!
- Using a medium sauce pan toss in the extra virgin olive oil, diced onion, and scallions on medium heat till they turn slightly browned.
- Next pour in the vegetable stock, carrots, potato, ginger and seasonings to the pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup (may need to do in small batches) to a food processor or immersion blender and turn setting on puree.
- Then, bring back to medium sauce pan and let sit for about 5 minutest to cool.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper for taste!
- Can add fresh cilantro, parsley or scallions as a garnish. For a bit of a crunch add a hand full of pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Garnishes: Lemon (lemon peel), Orange (orange peel), Apricot (dried apricots).