Homemade Vegan Raw Plant Based Milk
This vegan raw plant based milk is something you can prepare in order to replace non-dairy boxed milk to help you meet your raw organic health needs. As far as staying clear of processed or harmful foods, most non-dairy milk sold in the store has added ingredients. Although it may look like your going the healthier route, do not be swayed to believe its totally 100% natural whats inside the carton. The contents listed on boxed non-dairy milks are processed with many trace minerals and binding components that may be harmful to your digestive tract. Buying non-dairy items can contain these harmful contents, in which you should steer away from: Guar gum, carageenan, hydrogenated oils and fortified vitamins which may be linked in causing allergens or hormonal imbalance.
Raw Plant Based Milks:
- Almond, hazelnut, or cashew milk (tree nuts)
- Coconut milk (raw unsweetened shredded coconut flakes)
- Flax milk
- Hemp milk
- Oat milk (gluten free rolled oats)
- Rice milk
- Quinoa Milk
Raw Plant Based Sweeteners: Agave, cinnamon, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla bean powder
- SOAK tree nuts, seeds, oats, or grains by filling up a container using purified water
- BLEND (using purified water; 1:3 ratio or 2:4 ratio see listed below)
- SWEETEN the milk using naturally organic sources of sweeteners
- STRAIN by choice (you can keep the granules for added texture and consistency by not straining)
- Add salt to nuts, seeds, or oats and place into water to soak for 12 hours. Can soak overnight. This ratio should be 1 cup (nuts, seeds, oats, or grains) to 3 cups of purified water. If using raw coconut the ratio should be 2 cups (raw coconut flakes) to 4 cups of purified water and you would soak in hot water only 2 hours.
- Add soaked nuts, seeds, flakes or oats to a blender. Add more purified water for smoother consistency if you prefer.
- Can use natural raw plant based sweeteners for taste. Can leave unsweetened for baking purposes.
- Strain plant based milk mixture using a fine mesh food grade nut milk bag or cheesecloth press out all liquid.
- Serve immediately with ice or can refrigerate. Enjoy your vegan raw plant based milk on your cereal, smoothies, or use unsweetened (homemade vegan raw plant based milk) for cooking.
Healthy Tip: Can store milk up to 4 days in fridge using a closed container. Milk may accumulate a thin layer of film from natural debris on its surface, can be remixed and served.