Holistic Remedy For Migraine Relief Using Essentail Lavender Oil
Lavender is a plant genus of the (Lavandula angustifolia) plant family. Native to Portugal and Spain (Cape Verde and the Canary Islands), Europe, Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to southeast India. The best type of weather for harvesting or cultivation is in temperate climates. The plant is known for its dark color and named for its shade and species. There are 39 genus species of lavender from the flowering perennial plants in the (Lamiaceae) mint family. Lavender has a scent that’s an aromatic blend of earthy, floral, clean, and calming effects. Lavender oil has strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and bug repelling properties. Common uses for lavender today are in holistic medicine, perfumes, essential oils, topical applications, and in culinary.
Lavender essential oil has holistic effects on encouraging sleep quality, reducing anxiety and migraine headaches. The alluring floral scent has a calming effect. Lavender honey, which is created from bee’s feeding on lavender plants are known to help aid non infected wounds.
Where to apply?
- Use as a topical by adding 2-3 drops of oil to your fingers and place on pulse marks.
- Can add to soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioner.
- Take an Epsom salt bath and add 4 drops oil in a hot bath and soak for about 15 min.
- DIY organic body scrub using coconut oil, raw sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- To help aid sleep you can rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed.
- Deodorize your pillow case by spritzing with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a bottle with a spray nozzle.
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children. Dilution only necessary for sensitive skin. For external use only. Keep away from eyes.
Carrier Oil: May need to use a carrier oil such as: Grapeseed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, Fractionated coconut oil/coconut oil, or cocoa butter.
Botanical Name: Don’t buy oils from retailers that don’t provide the botanical name or country or origin.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.