Mango Caribbean Salsa With A Twist
Mango Caribbean Salsa With A Twist – This is not your ordinary salsa! Give this raw mango Caribbean salsa with a twist of zesty, sweet, and spicy flavors a try! Easy to make and greatly flavorful. Can be paired with gluten-free chips, used in wraps, or as a complementary side for any dish!
Healthy Tip: Buy fresh organic produce to get the ultimate flavors.
3 ripe mangos ( pitted, peeled, and cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup red onion (peel outside layer off, chop into small pieces)
1 green pepper (de-seeded and cut into small pieces)
1 Jalapeno or Serrano pepper (de-seeded and finely chopped)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
2-3 limes (juices)
1 cup organic strawberries (cut into small pieces)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First, wash the fresh produce.
- Then, cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Chop into small pieces.
- Next, peel the outer layer of the onion off and chop it into small pieces.
- Then, cut and remove the seeds with a spoon from the green pepper. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut and remove the seeds with a spoon from the (Jalapeno or Serrano pepper) if you would prefer less spicy. After the pepper is de-seeded cut into finely chopped pieces.
- Chop the ends off the cilantro, and cut into finely chopped pieces.
- Next, squeeze fresh lime or lemon juice into the salsa.
- Then, cut organic strawberries into small pieces.
- Toss everything into a medium size bowl and mix everything till it’s evenly blended.
- Lightly season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve and enjoy! Can keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Caution: When handling the peppers (Jalapeno and or Serrano) be careful of direct contact, as it they carry capsaicin, which is a chemical compound that is highly concentrated and can cause burning or a hot sensation to your skin. Gloves are recommended. Once you have been in contact with peppers, do not touch your lips, eyes, face, or other body parts. The extra heat that the capsaicin gives off comes from its natural oils found in the peppers and can be diluted by washing the peppers.
Click here to try Jaclyn’s Infamous Pico De Gallo salsa recipe!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.