Jaclyn’s Infamous Pico De Gallo
Tease your taste buds with a slightly spicy traditional pico de gallo that you can share with all your friends. This can be an organic raw food recipe that is simple and you can do in minutes!
Healthy Tip: Buy fresh organic produce to get the ultimate flavors.
5-6 Roma Tomatoes (cut in half, de-seeded)
1 Jalapeno or Serrano pepper (can de-seed so it is less spicy)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
2 limes or lemons (juices)
1 Large onion (red or white)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First wash the fresh produce.
- Then, cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Next, cut and remove the seeds with a spoon from the (Jalapeno or Serrano pepper) if you would prefer less spicy.
- Then, chop up the onion and cut the ends off the cilantro, and throw everything into a food processor or blender.
- After everything is in the food processor or blender, turn setting on chop as you add the lime or lemon juice.
- Next, toss everything into a medium size bowl.
- Lightly season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy! Can keep refrigerated up to a week.
If your making the pico de gallo by hand dice tomato after removing seeds into small cubes. Dice the onion, chop the Jalapeno or Serrano peppers into fine pieces. Mix together with the juices of the limes or lemons. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy your pico de gallo on every dish!
Caution: When handling the peppers (Jalapeno or Serrano) be careful of direct contact, as it they carry capsaicin, which is a chemical compound that is highly concentrated and can cause burning or a hot sensation to your skin. Gloves are recommended. Once you have been in contact with peppers, do not touch your lips, eyes, face, or other body parts. The extra heat that the capsaicin give off comes from its natural oils found in the peppers and can be diluted by washing the peppers.