Follow Your Heart Insalata Caprese Salad
An Italian cuisine inspired recipe, that will entice your taste buds. This is a refreshing salad dish, great for starters, side dishes, or for pairing with meals. I use Kumato heirloom tomatoes because they offer a richness in their flavors. I may be bias, but I feel like they are the best ones, next to organic. As they are picked right at the peak of their maturity, they offer us an abundance of earthy nutrients. They contain vitamin C, which is great for tissue repair and vitamin K, which is known to reduce blood clots. Ultimately, I think it would be a great idea to encompass the kinds of foods in our diets that contain healthy amounts of nutrients like this.
Healthy Tip: Shop for your heirloom tomatoes either at a local farmers market (support our local farms), or you can find them at a natural food store.
Warning: Anyone who has health conditions; dialysis patients, potassium-restricted diets should steer away from eating tomatoes.
Follow Your Heart mozzarella (vegan cheese)
Extra virgin olive oil
Season with Himalayan salt and pepper for taste!
- First wash and pat dry produce.
- Halve the heirloom tomatoes place in medium size mixing bowl.
- With your hands, tear the Thai basil into small pieces. Add to mixture.
- Using a cheese knife, dice Follow Your Heart vegan cheese into cubes. Add to mixture and stir ingredients together.
- Next, drizzle Balsamic vinaigrette and Extra virgin olive oil over the top.
- Season with Himalayan salt and pepper for taste!
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!