Super Berry Oat Loaf
This recipe hits the spot~ Just in time for those who ran out of ideas for yummy meals or dishes to get your day started. This is the perfect substitute for breakfast, snacks, or sweet tooth cravings. I used all-natural berries for the vibrant colors you see! This Super Berry Oat Loaf has a tart flavor with sweet aromas. When it’s ready to be eaten, the texture of the loaf has a soft and crumbly feeling! The center “heart” was a Beet Root Powder decoration I decided to include because it is visually appealing! I also love that Beet Root Powder offers the body benefits such as aiding in liver function. Did you know that our body’s ability to repair our liver usually takes place when we sleep? Insomnia or lack of sleep can cause the liver to inadequately do its job: remove toxins, balance blood sugar levels and break down the hormone called epinephrine (fight or flight hormone). So, sleep is very necessary for repairing our internal organs. If you are having trouble sleeping, a good rule of thumb is to get some form of physical activity in your day (maybe 20 min) to help with conditioning your body.
Healthy Tip: Good sleep patterns along with any form of physical activity is some of the best anti-depressants out there. When you have both of these, they are a healthy alternative for promoting overall body and mental health.
2 tablespoons Flax Seed (ground) + 4 tablespoons purified water
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
1 cup Coconut Oil (softened)
1 cup Organic Maple Syrup (Optional, vegan sweetener)
1 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or your favorite nut milk)
1/2 cup Raw Walnut Butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1 cup Raw Walnuts (chopped)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour (thickener)
2 cups Mixed Berries (Frozen Blueberries, Raspberries, & Blackberries)
2 cups Oats (gluten-free)
2 tablespoons Coconut Granules (Optional, sprinkle over the top of the loaf before you place it in the oven)
2 tablespoons Raw Beet Powder (topping)
1. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together ingredients, adding the wet ingredients together first. Mix till evenly blended.
3. When the mixture turns red from the berries you will know you are ready to bake. Optional, sprinkle coconut granules over the top of the loaf. This will allow the topping to become slightly caramelized.
4. Next, you will want to lightly grease 2 small loaf pans. Pour even layer of mixture, split between both pans. Smooth the top with a fork. (The mixture in the bottom of the pans will be about 1 inch thick).
5. Now, you add Raw Beet Powder topping, as you wish.
6. Bake for 35-40 min. The top of the loaf will start to brown, and you will know it’s ready!
7. Enjoy while it’s warm.
If you love this recipe please share it. Also, follow us on social media.
Britannica, The Editors of Encyclopaedia. “Epinephrine tolerance test”. Encyclopedia Britannica, 5 Feb. 2009, https://www.britannica.com/science/epinephrine-tolerance-test. Accessed 22 January 2021.