Gluten-Free Oat Flour Thumbprint Cookies
Gluten-Free Oat Flour Thumbprint Cookies This recipe was inspired by Valentines’ day, I thought it’s better late than never! This is a wonderful way to prepare a delightful treat for yourself or someone you love. The gooey texture and chocolatey melted frosting will keep you coming back until the cookies have vanished into thin air. This recipe contains healthy plant-based alternatives and antioxidants. Raw Carob Powder (chocolate alternative) is packed with micronutrients, fiber, low in fat, and has a sweet aroma which is ideal for those who love to eat regular chocolate or milk chocolate. Raw Carob Powder grows on trees, in a pod, then dried into powder form. This is also a safe chocolate replacement for those who want to reduce symptoms related to diabetes, high blood sugar/cholesterol, inflammation, or anyone who’s trying to be mindful of either, reducing sugar in their diet or caffeine.
Healthy Tip: Carob is naturally low in sugar, fibrous, low in sodium, and a great substitution for those who are losing weight.
1 1/2 Cups gluten-free Oat Flour
2 Tablespoons Raw Carob Powder (chocolate alternative)
1 Tablespoons Date Syrup (optional)
1/4 Cup Raw Walnut Butter
2 Tablespoons Raw Carob Powder
4 Tablespoons Raw Date Syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Using a medium mixing bowl add wet ingredients together first and mix in the remaining. Mix till evenly combined till it forms a clumpy dough.
3. Using a tablespoon amount, scoop dough and roll lightly between your palms.
4. Place rolled dough on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure spacing is about 1/2 inch apart.
5. Next, press lightly with your thumb in the center of each rolled piece of dough, rolling it one way first, and then the other direction to make a heart shape indent.
6. Now it’s time to bake. Place cookies into the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, use a small cup (you can use a 1/4 measuring cup) to mix together the chocolate frosting. Consistency should be thick and molten.
8. Enjoy right away!
Optional Toppings: Chia seeds, Raw Coconut Flakes, Cocoa Nibs, Nuts/Seeds, Goji Berries, Dried Fruit.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.