Making Homemade Nice Cream Couldn’t Be Easier
Whatever your preference for sweets, like double ice cream scoops of varying flavors, nothing beats vegan nice cream. With our simple homemade nice cream recipe, you’ll find amazing flavor combinations ranging from blueberry, banana, to mint or chocolate chip! Our favorite vegan ingredients are antioxidant-rich blueberries, which contain phytonutrients that may reduce oxidative stress, prevent aging, and accelerate detoxification in the body. The macronutrient-rich recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth craving, while the superfood toppings will give you an energy boost!
2 cups frozen bananas (A riper banana will produce a sweeter taste)
1.5 cups frozen blueberries (hold a few off to the side for garnish)
1/4 cup hemp milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
1 tablespoon Hemp Hearts
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 tablespoon whole Flax Seeds
1 tablepoon Raw Walnut Butter
Garnish with a few blueberries
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk vegan and GF cookie (Maxine’s Heavenly brand)
1. First, remove frozen fruit from the freezer. The night before, I like to peel the bananas, put the bananas in a container, and freeze it.
2. Add frozen ingredients to the blender first, and then continue to add the wet ingredients. Add more nut milk for a creamier consistency.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl, adding your choice of toppings.
The basis for our regular nice cream recipes is banana and then other ingredients can be added. Alternatively, you can substitute 1 cup frozen mango, 1 cup frozen avocado chunks, or 1 can of condensed coconut milk that has been chilled overnight in the fridge for the banana.
Also, try these nice cream flavors we love: (start with 2 frozen bananas as the base)
- Banana nice cream: add extra banana or 1 cup frozen mango.
- Mint nice cream: add fresh mint leaves or basil leaves for a refreshing flavor! This is another one of our favorites to add to chocolate combinations!
- Chocolate nice cream: add your favorite chocolate flavoring. The superfoods Cocoa Nibs paired with either Carob powder , or Cocoa powder is our favorite chocolate substitute.
Other superfoods ingredients we love:
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.