Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (Raw Vegan)
Valentine’s Day is coming up quickly, so take time to fill someone’s heart with love. I’ve got you covered with Valentine’s day desserts designed just for my chocolate lovers! Enjoy my Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter Cup iconic morsels loaded with anti-aging antioxidants and vitamins. I use dark chocolate here, which was inspired by the Mayan origin, home of the Aztecs and Mayans who consumed chocolate from the Cocoa plant for ceremonial purposes, spiritual healing, honoring Mayan gods, and often referred to Cocoa as god food. The cocoa bean has the highest antioxidant content of any other food in the world. By weight, cocoa is suggested to contain more antioxidants than acai, blueberries, goji berries pomegranates, and red wine altogether. Because Valentine’s day is just 7 days away, I wanted to dedicate this post to all you love birds out there to help boost your health and happiness.
Healthy Tip: In addition to benefiting the cardiovascular system, chocolate may reduce the symptoms of PMS, osteoporosis, and cancer cell proliferation.
Dark baking chocolate (I used 85%)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp Vegan sweetener (optional, I didn’t use any in this recipe)
(Almond butter filling mixture)
4 tbsp raw almond butter (I use Trader Joe’s brand of Raw Almond Butter or Artisana Organics Raw Almond Butter)
4 tbsp Vanilla flavor Pea protein (see my top picks of vegan proteins)
You will want to use either small cupcake holders or mold for this recipe. (view cupcake holder or mold options)
1. First, using a small mixing bowl add almond butter filling mixture and begin to prepare almond butter rounds. Mix until it forms a dough using a 1:1 ratio, you will roll into small rounds with your hands. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. Using a small saucepan, turn on low heat and melt your chocolate mixture. Stirring occasionally.
3. Pour a 1/4 inch thick layer of melted chocolate on the bottom of the cupcake holder or mold.
4. Next, transfer the melted chocolate in cupcake holders or molds to the freezer. Allow them to harden up to 10 min, then remove them from the freezer.
5. Add the almond butter rounds then cover completely with melted chocolate. Add to the freezer to harden for another 10 min.
6. Serve and enjoy.
#Chocolate #Raw #Vegan #Paleo #Keto #Gluten-free #Diabetes #Healthyeating
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.