Gooey Four Layer Raw Vegan Chocolate Walnut Bars That Everyone Will Love!
Gooey Four Layer Raw Vegan Chocolate Walnut Bars That Everyone Will Love! – My first attempt and newest raw vegan and gluten-free walnut chocolate bar snack recipe with 4 layers of YUM that melt in your mouth. The shape of a walnut resembles the brain, but did you know that walnuts actually promote healthy blood vessels, reduce inflammation, and enhance brain function! Walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats, which are also known to help reduce high LDL (bad) cholesterol. These snack bars are great for small gatherings, like getting together with your family or friends, or for occasions when you want to bring a healthy treat with you to share with everyone! The kiddos will go nuts over these, pun intended! The flavor of this recipe will dazzle your taste buds, since it is super healthy and packed with protein in every layer, and no artificial flavors or sweeteners are used in any of my homemade recipes!
Healthy Tip: To make sure your walnuts are raw, make sure you read the labels and make sure no other ingredients are added. The best place to find them in their purest form is at your local grocer, co-op, or farmers’ market.
1 1/2 cups oat flour (use approximately 2.5 cups gluten-free oats and process ahead of time)
2 scoops of vanilla pea protein
1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil (softened)
1/4 cup Medjool dates (optional for sweetness)
1 1/4 cup Medjool dates or date syrup (finely chopped in a food processor)
1/4 cup nut butter (I used raw walnut butter)
2 tablespoons unsweetened plant-based milk (I used macadamia milk)
1 teaspoon alcohol-free and gluten-free vanilla extract
1+1.5 bars Trader Joe’s 85% Dark Chocolate
1/8 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I used macadamia milk)
(Raw Walnuts Topping)
1-2 cups raw walnuts (chopped)
1. Use a 1.5QT glass pyrex and lightly grease the bottom with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. The dried ingredients for the crust should be blended until the consistency is like a fine grain. Combine mixture with coconut oil and dates in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture evenly to the bottom of the glass pyrex and place it in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
4. Next, add the dates, nut butter, and plant-based milk to a blender, and blend until creamy consistency, stirring together for smoothness.
5, Spread the mixture evenly over the crust after removing the glass pyrex from the freezer. Place the glass pyrex back in the freezer, and continue with the next layer.
6. Melt the chocolate mixture, on the lowest heat and stir until evenly blended.
7. Remove the glass pyrex from the freezer, and pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the top of the caramel layer.
8. Put raw walnuts in the blender and pulse until you get the desired texture. Transfer the raw walnuts and use them as topping.
9. Place the glass pyrex back into the freezer for about 30 minutes until the top layers have hardened. Snack bars crumble when you cut them into squares, and they won’t break easily.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.