Super Food Beet Hummus
This is a mouth watering vegan recipe that is worth every bite! Adding colorful super food root beet vegetables to any dish serves its purpose by adding nutrients and natural antioxidants. This is not just any ordinary hummus either, it is one that will make you want to keep going back for more. The taste is so refreshing when its paired with fresh herbs! Get your taste buds jumping and try this simple recipe.
Healthy Tip: Can buy organic raw chickpeas in bulk section at your local market.
Toppings: Can garnish with cilantro or other herbs.
15 oz of chickpeas (washed, soaked, and drained)
2 lemons (juice)
2-3 large beets (cooked, skins peeled off, diced into smaller pieces)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
Instructions For Beets:
- Using a large sauce pan full enough with purified water so beets are submerged under water.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer for about 45-60 minutes depending on tenderness. They will be done when you can puncture with a fork with out forcefully doing it.
- After the beets have returned to a cooler temperature where they can be easily handled remove the skins. This can be done using a paper towel and rub back and forth with your hands. Use caution, as the beets will stain everything red including your skin.
Instructions For Hummus:
- First add chickpeas, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley and diced beets to the food processor or blender.
- Next turn the settings on chop for about a minute.
- Use the food processor for another cycle till hummus is smooth.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve and enjoy. Pair with any of your favorite side dishes or can use as a spread for other recipes.