Jaclyn’s Blueberry Syrup
I grew up on an organic blueberry farm that had yielded freshly grown fruit each year. I consider myself lucky, as I had the privilege to eat various organically grown fruits, which were just at my fingertips. Along with other abundant blossoming fruit tree’s and bushels, the blueberries were my ultimate favorite. I was able to go out and pick them from the vine. The blueberry bushels offered such great sources of antioxidants and oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) units. Being on a plant-based diet, eating food in the raw state reminds me of times I could eat it from the vine. I knew this was where to find the utmost nutrients. Try my homemade delicious blueberry syrup with zesty lemon aroma’s that will make your mouth water.
1 pints fresh blueberries or frozen (1 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
1 lemon (juice)
1/2 cup purified water
- Using a small sauce pan, mix in ingredients and bring to a slow rolling boil and keep on low heat.
- Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Enjoy! Can pair with your favorite vegan breakfast dishes such as, pancakes, waffles or gluten-free oats.
- Store in glass sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to a month.