Scrumptious Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-free)
These remind me of when I was a growing up on a blueberry farm. I would pick berries right off the vine and use them in my pancake batter. Try these scrumptious blueberry & chocolate chip pancakes! They will make your taste buds jump! Perfectly delicious, sweetened with frozen or fresh blueberries and a hint of chocolaty goodness. Greatly paired with raw hazelnuts (or your favorite nuts) as a source of protein.
Healthy Tip: Buy raw organic nuts, mostly found in the bulk section at natural food stores or from local farmers. No need to buy sprouted (you can sprout nuts from home). Simply soak nuts for 12 hours, and rinse well, in order to remove or reduce the phytic acid. This encourages the production of beneficial enzymes as it neutralizes the enzyme inhibitors and helps aid digestion.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/8 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flax-seed
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A hand full of frozen or fresh blueberries
A hand full of vegan chocolate chips
- First using a large mixing bowl, combined the flour, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, flax-seed, olive oil, berries, and chocolate chips and stir together. Consistency should be like a thick batter. You can add extra non-dairy milk for smoother consistency.
- Next heat a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Measure the pancake batter in to the skillet using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until the edges to turn golden brown.
- Once the edges are slightly golden, flip and heat other side til it’s slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and enjoy while hot.