Warm Walnut Zucchini Bread
This warm walnut zucchini bread makes your mouth water with every bite! Try this recipe and enhance the aromas by adding your favorite spices, seeds, nuts or try adding something a little more robust flavored like extra dark chocolate chunks. Zucchini can help improve digestion. Zucchini is packed full of anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin C and has good sources of energizing B vitamins. Zucchini is also known control symptoms related to diabetes.
Healthy Tip: Use vegan sweetener alternative such as pure maple syrup, molasses, agave nectar, or coconut granules.
2 cups shredded zucchini (peeled and shredded)
1/4 cup maple syrup (or vegan sweetener)
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla (alcohol free)
6-8 tablespoons flax-seed or flax meal mixed with 1/2 cup purified water (egg-replacer)
3 cups almond flour (or choice of gluten-free flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease bottom of (9×5-inch) loaf pan or cupcake pan.
- Next, using a large mixing bowl, add the shredded zucchini, syrup, extra virgin olive oil, and vanilla.
- Mix together the (egg-replacer) and set aside until consistency thickens.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Pour into 9-inch pan or divide into cupcake pan evenly. Add nuts onto the surface of the mixture.
- Bake up to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove loaf pan from oven and place upside down on cooling rack. Allow to cool up to 2 hours. Once loaf has cooled enough, it should be easy to remove from loaf pan. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe share it. Also, connect with me on social media.