Aloe Vera Healing Plant
Aloe Vera History
Aloe vera is one of the oldest mentioned plants on record due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. Aloe vera is a cactus plant that belongs to the (Liliaceae family). Aloe vera species is referred to by many names. The most commonly use are Aloe Barbadensis Mill and Aloe Variegata. Aloe vera plants are native to south Africa. Mainly cultivated in Socotra (Yemen), Somalia, and Sudan. The best type of weather for harvesting or cultivation is in warm and tropical climates. The plant is known for its ability to survive under low natural rainfall. Ancient Chinese and Egyptians used aloe vera to treat skin conditions associated with burns, sunburns, rashes, itching, insect bits, blisters, acne, allergic skin reactions, or wounds. Common uses for aloe vera today are in holistic medicine, skin care, perfumes, essential oils, topical applications, and in dietary supplements.
Aloe vera has many holistic effects on encouraging quick healing for skin conditions such as cuts, burns, or rashes. Aloe vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Used in many cosmetics and lotions aloe vera’s anti-irritant properties are known to nourish skin. Aloe vera juice is known to improve digestive health.
- Use a few drops of aloe vera gel to your fingers and place on skin or area of concern.
- Can add a few drops of aloe vera gel to soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioner.
- Apply over skin after taking shower (natural moisturizer). Add a few drops of aloe vera gel through ends of hair after shower to lock in moisture.
- DIY lightening face mask. Wash face and softly pat dry. Apply thick layer of aloe vera over face. Leave on 5-10 minutes. (Tightens skin , reduces’ appearance of scars, and brighten’s your complexion).
- Aloe vera juice can be consumed as relief from symptoms such as constipation, acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and crohn’s disease.
- Relieve asthmatic symptoms with inhalation therapy to relive symptoms of asthma. Boil some aloe vera leaves in a pot of water and breathe in the vapors. The plant compounds will help you breathe easier.
Other Names: Chinese Aloe, Indian Aloe, True Aloe, Barbados Aloe, Burn Aloe, First Aid Plant.
“7 Amazing Uses for Aloe Vera.” (4 January 2018). Healthline, Healthline Media, Web.
Researchteam. (4 January 2018). “6 Proven Benefits of Aloe Vera For Crohn’s.” The Superfoods!, Web.
Unknown Author. (4 January 2018). “The Aloe Vera Story.” Lily of the Desert, Web.
Jaclyn Rae If you love this blog post share it. Also, follow us on social media.