Warming Butternut Squash Soup
Try this wonderful home style dish that encompasses tasty autumn veggies. This dish is made up of root vegetables, which are packed full of healing nutrients. The ingredients provide warming effects on the body and can help increase metabolism. Root vegetables such as ginger are known to help expedite the digestion process and heal the gut internally. Turmeric, is known to eliminate brain fog and increase mental awareness. Butternut squash has excessive amounts of vitamins, including vitamin C, which is helpful for building collagen. Keep in mind when making vegetable broth, if you have any vegetables that are withering away or starting to lose color, they most likely can be used in the stock instead of being tossed in the compost. Make sure if there are any brown spots to cut them away.
4 cups vegetable broth
1 large sweet potatoe (cooked)
1 butternut squash (halved, de-seeded and cooked)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
A hand full of fresh parsley (chopped)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
(You most likely will want to start with the vegetable broth beforehand as it takes about 30 minutes to prepare)
- Broth: Start with preparing vegetable broth beforehand. (https://jaclyncreations.com/2017/01/08/vegan-vegetable-broth-recipe)
- Baking: Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lather the inside of the halved squash. Using a lined cookie sheet, place halved squash faced down on cookie sheet. Pierce the sweet potato with a fork and lay the sweet potato on the rack in the oven next to the squash. Bake until tender, for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the squash and potato from the oven and let cool briefly before handling.
- Puree: Transfer the vegetable broth over and pour slowly into food processor and set to puree. May have to mix small amounts of broth and add more broth as you go.
- Next, scoop the squash out of the rind using a serving spoon, slowly add pieces into the food processor and mix. Mix in sweet potato and continue to puree.
- Add in ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and turmeric.
- Transfer to a bowl and add parsley topping.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy right away!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.