DIY Hydrating and Anti-aging Raw Avocado Face Mask
The DIY hydrating anti-aging raw avocado face mask is packed with antioxidants, leaving you with a youthful and healthy glowing appearance. I feel that it is important to have a good skincare regimen especially for those who are prone to acne or skin issues. I believe in the power of self-care by making an effort to commit to a healthy skincare routine. I am an avocado lover, not only are they super tasty and nutritious to eat. Avocados contain large amounts of vitamin E, potassium, and lecithin, so cosmetically it promotes more of a youthful and glowing appearance.
Healthy Tip: Do not use lemon juice from the recipe if you have extra sensitive skin. Lemon juice is acidic and could leave the skin feeling irritated. Avoid contact with eyes.
2 raw avocados
1/2 lemon (juice)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- Slice the avocados in half. Remove the seeds.
- Using a serving spoon, scoop out the meat into a bowl.
- You will want to mash the avocado until it has a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and gluten-free oats to the mixture.
- Wet face with warm water.
- Apply face mask using the back of a serving spoon or your fingertips.
- Massage over face avoiding eyes.
- Allow the mask to sit on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Using warm water and a washcloth, gently remove the mask.
- Splash face with cold water when finished and pat dry.
- Can use a drop of extra virgin olive oil in the palm of your hands and massage over the face to lock in moisture.
- Repeat skincare regimen once a week.
If you love this blog post share it. Also, follow us on social media.