DIY Aromatherapy Rice Heating Pad Socks
This is an excellent at-home remedy to be able to maintain self-care in a homeopathic manner. These DIY aromatherapy rice heating pad socks are such a great way to increase warmth by nurturing aches, pains, or cramps. The heat can assist in improving blood flow and help reduce painful symptoms related to premenstrual syndrome (PMS). By using a few basic materials you can create your own pair!
Healthy Tip: Make sure there are no synthetic materials in socks.
What you need:
2-3 cups Jasmine rice (for each sock)
Pair of organic cotton socks (knee-highs)
Aromatherapy therapeutic grade essential oil (I like to use lavender or mint)
- Measure the rice into a medium-size bowl.
- Add about 3 drops of essential oils to the rice and mix together.
- Use a measuring cup and pour the rice into each sock, leaving enough room to be able to tie a knot at the top of the socks.
- The first time you heat: Heat in microwave for about 3 minutes.
- After the sock is heated feel free to place it on an area of concern.
- Repeat heating and apply when needed.
- After several uses, socks may need to be washed. (Just empty the rice out into a container and re-use rice after socks have been washed).
If you love this blog post share it. Also, follow us on social media.