DIY Aromatherapy Rice Heating Pad Socks
This is an excellent at home remedy to be able to maintain self-care in a homeopathic manner. These DIY aromatherapy rice heating pad socks are such a great way increase warmth by nurturing aches, pains or cramps. The heat can assist in improving blood flow and help reduce painful symptoms related to premenstrual syndrome (PMS). By using a few basic materials you can create your own pair!
Healthy Tip: Make sure there are no synthetic materials in socks
What you need:
2 – 3 cups Jasmine rice (for each sock)
Pair of organic cotton socks (knee-high’s)
Aromatherapy therapeutic grade essential oil (I like to use lavender or mint)
- Measure rice into a medium size bowl.
- Add about 3 drops of essential oils to the rice and mix together.
- Use a measuring cup and pour the rice into each sock, leaving enough room to be able to tie a knot at the top of the socks.
- The first time you heat: Heat in microwave for about 3 minutes.
- After the sock is heated feel free to place on area of concern.
- Repeat heating and apply when needed.
- After several uses, socks may need to be washed. (Just empty the rice out into container and re-use rice after socks have been washed).