Cuban Raw Vegan Style Avocado Salad
Try this zesty and refreshing raw vegan salad! You will want to share it with everyone! This is a Cuban-style dish you can prepare as a side dish or maybe to use as a hearty dip. Avocados are packed with a number of vitamins and minerals, including healthy fats. They contain a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which assist with fueling brain function. Avocados are known to help curb appetite, making you feel satisfied and full longer.
3 ripe Haas avocados
2 lemons (juice)
1 cup heirloom tomatoes (diced into small pieces)
1 red onion (chopped into small slices)
1/2 large cucumber (sliced into small pieces)
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
A hand full of fresh cilantro (garnish)
- First, slice avocados in half and then pit them.
- Scoop the meat out into a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Next, slice open your lemons and squeeze the juice over the top of the avocado meat. (keeps them from browning).
- Wash and dice heirloom tomatoes into small pieces. Stir into mixture.
- Slice onion and chop into small slices and stir into mixture.
- Wash and slice 1/2 large cucumber into small pieces and stir into mixture.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Wash cilantro and chop finely to use as a garnish.
- Enjoy right away!
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.