Refreshing Beet, Mint, and Basil Super Food Salad
This salad tastes as vibrant as it looks! Beets are one of the ultimate super foods. They are known for reducing inflammation, high blood pressure, anemia, improving circulation, and cognition. Not only do they help improve overall health, beet juice has been used by athletes for a pre-workout drink to help boost stamina. Try this Refreshing Beet, Mint and Basil Super Food Salad with your favorite dressings or nuts to enhance the flavors.
2-3 large beets (cooked, peeled and diced into cubes)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup Vegan Brie cheese (cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar + 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (dressing)
Season with Himalayan salt and pepper to taste!
- First wash and scrub beets and chop the ends off. Wash fresh herbs and set aside.
- Next, using a large sauce pan, fill it with purified water so beets are submerged under water. Bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer for about 45-60 minutes depending on tenderness.
- Remove the beets from stove and strain water. Allow to cool.
- After the beets have returned to a cooler temperature where they can be easily handled remove the skins. This can be done using a paper towel and rub back and forth with your hands. Use caution, as the beets will stain everything red including your skin.
- After the beets have cooled dice them into cubes and place them into a medium size bowl. Set bowl aside in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, tear the basil and mint leaves into shreds and add to the bowl.
- Cut vegan Brie cheese into small pieces and use as topping or mix into the salad.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive together and pour over the salad.
- Bonn’ Apatite!