Refreshing Beet, Mint, and Basil Super Food Salad
This salad tastes as vibrant as it looks! Beets are one of the ultimate superfoods. They are known for reducing inflammation, high blood pressure, anemia, improving circulation, and cognition. Not only do they help improve overall health, but beet juice has also been used by athletes for a pre-workout drink to help boost stamina. Try this Refreshing Beet, Mint and Basil Super Food Salad with your favorite dressings or nuts to enhance the flavors.
2-3 large beets (cooked, peeled, and diced into cubes)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup Vegan mozzarella cheese (cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar + 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (dressing)
Season with Himalayan salt and pepper to taste!
- First, wash and scrub beets and chop the ends off. Wash fresh herbs and set them aside.
- Next, using a large saucepan, fill it with purified water so beets are submerged underwater. Bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer for about 45-60 minutes depending on tenderness.
- Remove the beets from the stove and strain water. Allow cooling.
- After the beets have returned to a cooler temperature where they can be easily handled remove the skins. This can be done using a paper towel and rub back and forth with your hands. Use caution, as the beets will stain everything red including your skin.
- After the beets have cooled dice them into cubes and place them into a medium-sized bowl. Set bowl aside in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, tear the basil and mint leaves into shreds and add to the bowl.
- Cut vegan Brie cheese into small pieces and use it as topping or mix into the salad.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive together and pour over the salad.
- Bonn’ Apatite!
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.