Jaclyn’s Sweet N’ Crumbly Cornbread
This is a yummy plant-based cornbread and it is also naturally gluten-free. Corn is packed with carotenoids and antioxidants that are known to promote eye health. Corn contains fibrous nutrient-rich minerals and vitamins, which can aid in digestion. Jaclyn’s Sweet N’ Crumbly Corn Bread can be paired with soups or salads and any savory dish.
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 cup milled almond flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup dairy-free unsweetened yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup frozen corn kernels
4 scallions (sliced into small pieces)
1/2 small white onion (diced into small pieces)
2 tablespoons brown sugar or vegan sweetener
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixture and continue to mix until all ingredients are evenly blended together.
- Slightly grease a glass baking dish and transfer the ingredients into the casserole dish.
- Top the cornbread mixture with diced white onions over the top and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top.
- Place dish in the oven for about 45 minutes. (Cornbread should look golden brown on the edges)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.