The Ultimate Vegan Pesto & Tomato Lasagna
This appetizing recipe encompasses all plant-based ingredients. All the ingredients are beneficial to your health and can be included in a well-balanced meal. ‘Tis the season, why not make a hearty meal packed with scrumptious homemade sauces that will entice your taste buds? I asked myself the same question. I think this dish is so good it may become a family heirloom that gets passed on :). Once you learn the recipe, then you can create as many versions of this recipe with different vegetables, sauces, or delectable vegan cheeses.
Gluten-free Lasagna Noodle (I used Oven-Ready Lasagne)
10 oz Mozzarella or your favorite cheese (I used Follow Your Heart brand)
8 oz Tofu (crumbled)
3 cups of my basil pumpkin seed pesto
3 cups of my authentic home-made tomato sauce
1 white onion (diced)
8 oz mushroom (thinly sliced)
2 Scallions (garnish)
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 Pyrex baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup of one sauce or mixed together on the bottom of the dish. Spread evenly.
- Place 4 sheets of Lasagne side by side, slightly overlapped.
- Top the Lasagne sheets with one cup of sauce (I layered half the baking dish using tomato and pesto on the other half the whole way through), tofu crumbles, sliced mozzarella over the top.
- Repeat for 3 more layers, ensuring each Lasagne sheet is covered with sauce.
- Frame the layers with onion and mushrooms along the rim of the baking dish.
- If you have remaining sauce, use it on the top layer.
- Cover with foil, bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.