Almond Butter Protein Cookies
In need of something sweet? These raw almond butter protein cookies are sweet enough to curb any sweet tooth and they are a great post workout snack. I used plant based protein sources combined in the ingredients, approximately 25 g, which is nearly half the amount of our recommended daily protein intake! My recipes never have flour, so no need to worry about too many carbohydrates or over doing it! This is a recipe you will want to have around an energy boost and a healthy snack to keep you away from sweet tooth cravings!
1/2 cup softened raw almond butter
1/2 cup nut milk
1/2 cup pea protein
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons milled golden flax seed & whole natural chia seed (Egg replacement + 4 tablespoons water)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts (finely chopped)
A dash of Himalayan or kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease cookie sheet.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix all ingredients till forms into a soft dough.
4. Spoon full of dough about 1 in apart
5. Use a fork to press into cookies lightly to hold the Coconut granules (sprinkle the top)
6. Bake for about 10-12 min. Remove from oven and place on a drying rack, allowing to cool about 5 minutes.
7. Enjoy right away!