Portobello Mushroom Hash Saucer
A wonderful haute dish from garden to table! This savory saucer of hash on a bed of dark leafy Arugula, which encompasses nutritious vitamins and minerals in every bite! Did you know that Portobello mushrooms contain plant protein? Approximately 3 grams of protein are found within 1 cup of whole mushrooms. Yes, you can literally find plant based protein in most whole plant based foods. Now my secret is out, you can include more variety of vegetables/fruits in your meal consumption, optimizing your health and gain important macros! Mushrooms also contain large amounts of vitamin B12 (cobalamin). Its important to maintain proper Vitamin B12 intake, as it helps to promote longevity, reducing depression, eliminating mood swings, increasing energy, and is known boost our overall immunity. In my Portobello Mushroom Hash Saucer, I added Sprouted Tofu to increase the nutrient density to my dish. You may substitute chickpeas, beans/legumes, or lentils if you prefer instead of tofu. I also love to garnish my dish with either fresh herbs or scallions to enhance the savory flavors.
2 – 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Large Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cups Sibley Squash (cubed)
2 Celery Stalks (chopped)
1 White Onion (finely chopped)
2 Teaspoons Turmeric (ground)
8 OZ Organic Sprouted Tofu (cubed)
1/2 English Cucumber (use as garnish, thinly sliced)
1 Scallion (use as garnish, finely chopped)
A Handful of Fresh Arugula (bed of greens)
1. First wash and pat dry produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice Sibley Squash in half, remove the seeds, and dice squash into cubes. Place the squash cubes onto cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil over and place in oven for about 30 min.
3. Meanwhile, using a skillet on medium heat sauté the onions and celery, until they turn translucent in color. Add Sprouted Tofu and Turmeric to the pan and stir while juices cook off.
4. Remove Sibley Squash from oven (should be able to pierce through it with a fork), and add with other ingredients in skillet and continue to stir.
5. Lather Portobello Mushroom in extra virgin olive oil, and place onto cookie sheet top side facing up. Keep in oven about 15 min, until softened (juices will release).
6. Remove from oven, serve Portobello Mushroom upside down onto bed of Arugula. Place the sautéed hash over the top and garnish English Cucumber and Scallions.
7. Enjoy right away.
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.