Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes this new creation is wholesome, gluten-free, and oozing with smooth flavors that hit your palate. Rice flour is a great alternative for anyone looking for a gluten-free flour option. Rice flour offers the body insoluble fiber, protein, minerals and contains an essential nutrient the human body produces called choline. According to The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, “The body needs choline to synthesize phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin, two major phospholipids vital for cell membranes.” Our bodies do not produce enough choline on its own to meet the daily value. The FDA suggests, “DV for choline is 550 mg for adults and children age 4 years and older”. The key to any vegan meal, is to ensure your focusing your intake of whole plant-based foods and, minimizing over processed foods, and this will ensure that you increase your intake of important nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Rice flour may aid in weight loss, eliminate constipation, or combat digestion issues. Also, because the rice flour is a wonderful binding agent, it is greatly used for a thickening agent in recipes. My one-of-a-kind Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes are naturally sweet with a crave worthy fluffy texture. This healthy breakfast is like eating a dessert, with complimentary vegan wholesome ingredients. I used organic strawberry fruit spread and raw walnuts as my toppings, and of course, you can add your favorite toppings you wish to yours!
1 – 2 tablespoons Cold Pressed Coconut Oil (softened)
2 tablespoons Flax Seed + 4 tablespoons water (vegan egg)
1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
1 cup Stone Ground Rice flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract (alcohol free)
1.5 cups Nut Milk (can add more if you want thinner pancakes)
Strawberry Fruit Spread (I used Smucker’s natural spread)
A handful of Raw Walnuts (crushed)
1 Ripe Banana (sliced)
1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
(can add dairy-free cool whip or whip cream)
1. Using a medium mixing bowl add softened coconut oil to the bowl first.
2. Next, add Flax Seed + water mixture (vegan egg) to the bowl. Allow Flax Seed mixture to swell.
3. Combine the rest of the wet ingredients to the mixture.
4. Next, stir in the remaining of the dry ingredients. Mix well until consistency of batter is thickened and slightly sticky.
5. Using a non-stick skillet, place on stove and turn on heat to med-high heat.
6. Spoon (2 tablespoons of batter combine) per pancake onto the skillet, and let cook for about 3 min on each side or until edges are slightly crisp. Transfer to plate after cooked on both sides.
7. Continue last step till there is no more batter.
8. Add strawberry fruit spread between each layer of pancake. Top with raw walnuts. (Or add your favorite toppings!)
9. Serve with ripe banana on the side and top with Chia seeds.
N.A. Office of Dietary Supplements – Choline.” NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 21 Mar. 2021, ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Food Labeling: Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels. 2016.
Zeisel SH. Choline. In: Ross AC, Caballero B, Cousins RJ, Tucker KL, Ziegler TR, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 11th ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014:416-26.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.