Gluten-Free Raw Walnut Butter Banana Chia Seed Toast
You ever hear the saying, you are what you eat? It is so true, and I believe in eating foods that are nutrient-dense like whole plant-based foods that contain high contents of healthy fats, proteins, or important nutrients to support a healthy immune system and regulation of energy levels. Our food fuels our bodies just like gas fuels your car. Did you know, approximately 70% of our immune cells start in our digestive tract? When we metabolize carbohydrates they get broken down into sugar. If you eat too many carbohydrates at once, our body increases the production of glycation which are fat molecules that bind to sugars. When you fuel your body with energizing whole plant-based food sources like walnut butter that will make you feel fuller longer. This is a wonderful way to break the fast, to nibble on as a snack or as a post-workout cellular repair meal!
Healthy Tip: Try this amazing creation with your favorite superfood toppings to increase your nutrient density: Chia seeds, Hemp hearts, Cocoa nibs, Goji berries, blueberries, or raw nuts/seeds
2 slices of New Cascadia Traditional bread (gluten-free/vegan)
2-4 tablespoons raw walnut butter
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
1 tablespoon date syrup (optional)
1. Remove slices of bread from the bag. Place them into a toaster, until slightly browned.
2. Transfer the toast to a serving plate.
3. Open the jar of walnut butter. Using a butter knife to spread raw walnut butter evenly over one side of each slice of toast.
4. Remove banana from its peel. Cut the banana into thin slices and layer the slices over the raw walnut butter on each slice of toast.
5. Sprinkle Chia seeds over the top.
6. Drizzle date syrup over the top, by choice.
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.