Why Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids Are So Important?
The human body depends on healthy fat’s to aid our entire body and brain system function. The omega fatty acids can help promote healthy cell repair, brain development, emotional well being, nervous system functionality, as well as aiding against cognitive decline and dementia. Our bodies rely on certain foods to gain omega-3 and omega-6 because they not something our bodies can produce.
Make The Switch From Unhealthy Fat’s To Unsaturated Oils
Unhealthy fat’s known as saturated fat’s usually come from animal sources. Saturated fat’s can impede healthy function of the arteries. The arteries can become clogged by increased levels of low-density lipoprotein, in this case it would be in the formation of cholesterol. Many vegetable sources obtain unsaturated oils, such as plant based oils, nuts, and seeds which are known to reduce high cholesterol levels.
“Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats is still one of the healthiest changes most Americans can make,” says Jeannie Gazzaniga-Moloo, PhD, RD, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association.” (1)
Plant Based Oils That Help Reduce Cholesterol:
- Almond Oil
- Avovado Seed Oil
- Cocoa Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Corn Oil
- Cottonseed Oil
- Flax Seed Oil (Linseed oil)
- Grapeseed Oil
- Hemp Oil
- Olive Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Rice Bran Oil
- Safflower Seed Oil
- Sesame Seed Oil
- Sunflower Seed Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Walnut Oil
Raw Nuts And Seeds:
- Brazil Nuts
- Chia Seeds
- Pine Nuts
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Macadamia Nuts
- Sunflower Seeds
Nuts and seeds are known to help reduce heart disease. Ingesting a hand full of nuts or seeds a day can reduce symptoms of cardiovascular disease. Nuts and seeds are a great way to stock up on omega-3 and omega-6 and amino acids. Consume your daily intake by adding nuts or seeds to your diet.
Examples Of How To Fit More Nuts And Seeds Into Your Diet:
- You can add nuts or seeds into your breakfast. Such as, oatmeal, yogurt, or smoothies. (Almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds)
- Top your salads with nuts or seeds. ( Hemp seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds).
- Lightly sauteing your meals and adding nuts or seeds. (Brazilian nuts, cashews, or hemp seeds).
- Make a home made pesto paste using ground walnuts.
- Bake your vegetables and add nuts or seeds. (Brazilian nuts, cashews, hemp seeds, or quinoa).
Healthy Tip: Soak nuts or seeds up to 12 hours, wash, and drain. After soaking process, then you can sprout if you like. This action will help increase the macro nutrient levels and the life force.
(1) “Understanding the Omega Fatty Acids.” 16 June 2017. WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web.
“Fighting Depression and Improving Cognition with Omega-3 Fatty Acids.” 16 June 2017. LifeExtension.com. N.p., n.d. Web.
“Understanding the Omega Fatty Acids.” 16 June 2017. WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web.