Raw Collard Green Wraps
Raw collard green wraps are an exciting and simple way to increase your vegetable intake. These raw collard green wraps are an organic way to replace grains that tend to be hard on digestion. This recipe is versatile, fun, and easy.
Healthy Tip: Buy organic or shop at a local farmers markets to get the best quality ingredients.
Optional Ingredients: Avocado, tomato, leafy vegetables, beans, quinoa.
1-2 collard green leaves (use as wraps)
2 red beets (washed, cooked, de-skinned, and sliced into smaller pieces)
2 carrots (washed, peeled, and sliced into smaller pieces)
1 white onion (washed cut and diced into smaller pieces)
2 lemon (lemon juices)
Hummus (spread) (https://jaclyncreations.com/2017/01/08/vegan-black-olive-hummus)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste
- First wash the fresh raw produce. Take the collard greens and trim the ends of the stems off.
- Next, cut the beets, carrots, and onion into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Then, spoon hummus into the middle of the collard green wrap and spread towards the edges.
- Place a hand full of the beets, carrots and onions in the center of the collard green wrap.
- After you placed the raw ingredients in the wrap squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of the raw ingredients.
- Can season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste. Fold corners over and enclose wrap.
- Enjoy! Can store in fridge up to 4 days if needed.