Vegan Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles
This vegan gluten free sweet potato waffle recipe is a tasty treat you can share with all your friends. By using sweet potato, it is a great replacement for grains/flour. Sweet potato’s are packed with essential vitamins such as, beta carotene, vitamin C, and lots of fiber. Try this sweet recipe with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruits, nuts, and spices. I like to use coconut flakes as the complementary topping in my recipe.
Toppings: Fresh fruit, coconut flakes, nuts, dates, cacao nibs. peanut/almond butter, cinnamon, allspice, lemon peel or orange peel
1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
3/4 cup mashed sweet potato (approximately 1 medium potato)
1/2 cup nut milk (or non dairy milk of your choice)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
2 tablespoons flax seed + 1/4 cup purified water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake the sweet potato for about 40 min.
- In a small bowl combined the flax seeds and water and set aside to let thicken.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease lightly.
- Using a food processor or blender add the oats, sweet potato, coconut milk. maple syrup, vanilla extract baking powder and start to blend. Add flax seed and water to mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon and allspice into the batter.
- Use a ladle and spoon the waffle batter into the waffle iron. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the edges are crisp.
- Enjoy right away with your favorite topping. ( I used about a 1/4 cup of raw organic unsweetened coconut flakes).
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.