Raw Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Drop Cookies
Try this delightful raw, vegan, gluten-free, chocolate drop cookies recipe, as they will knock your socks off! They are simply delicious. I like to enjoy these for a light snack or for curbing my sweet tooth cravings.
(Makes about 12 cookies)
1/2 cup almond butter or your favorite nut butter
1/4 cup organic maple syrup (vegan sweetener)
1/4 cup cold pressed organic extra virgin coconut oil, measured in solid state
3 tablespoons toasted ground carob powder or can use unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Using wax paper line two cookie sheets and set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, syrup, salt and coconut oil in a saucepan and turn on low heat till until melted.
- Whisk the mixture as you add in the vanilla, toasted carob powder.
- Add the gluten free rolled oats and mix well.
- Add coconut flakes and mix until evenly combined.
- Drop 1 tablespoon size portions of mixture onto wax baking sheet.
- Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Toppings: Cinnamon (ground), chia seeds, flax seeds, nuts or espresso (grounds).