Gluten-Free Vegan Shortbread Cookies
These delectable gluten-free, vegan, shortbread cookies are the best shortbread cookies in town. They are packed with hints of citrus burst in every bite.
Healthy Tip: Use vegan sweetener alternatives such as pure maple syrup, molasses, agave nectar, or coconut granules.
1/2 cup cold pressed coconut oil (room temperature)
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (rice flour)
3/4 cups tapioca starch
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
1 lemon or orange (zest from the rind)
A pinch of Himalayan salt or Kosher salt
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl add the ingredients.
- Next, knead together with your hands until flour forms a dough-like consistency. (Dough should not be too sticky. If it is sticky add 1-2 tablespoons of flour to make it drier.)
- Grate the lemon/orange zest (peel) into the dough and knead the dough until evenly blended.
- Roll the dough and flatten by using two sheets of parchment paper with 1/2″ thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter and carefully transfer the mold to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges turns slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on a drying rack until cool enough to handle. (Cookies will harden within a few minutes, so do not overbake.)
- Enjoy with your favorite beverage!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.