Jaclyn’s Artisan Beet & Apple Summer Salad
This is a delightful tasting summer salad with a slightly sweet, cinnamon, flavor and crunchy texture. This is such an antioxidant rich salad, which is great for a light meal, side dish, or can be paired with any meal.
Healthy Tip: Add seeds, such as hemp hearts or your favorite type of nuts to include additional source’s of protein.
2 beets (cooked, skinned, chilled and cubed into smaller pieces)
2 celery stalks (washed and chop into pieces)
2 carrots (washed and peeled into thin shavings)
1 apple (peeled by choice and cubed into smaller pieces)
2 lemons (juice)
2 tablespoons cinnamon (ground)
1 tablespoon ginger (minced or ground)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (minced or ground)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 stalks red chard (washed and chopped)
1/4 cup golden raisins
- First, cook beets until soft, remove skin, and allow to chill before preparing with meal.
- Use a medium size salad bowl to add in ingredients as you go.
- Once beets are cool enough to handle, cube into smaller pieces and add to bowl.
- Wash all produce. Chop celery into pieces, peel carrots into thin shavings and add to mixture.
- Add apple (peel by choice and cube into smaller pieces). Squeeze lemon juice in right away to keep apples from turning brown from oxidation process.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, rice vinegar in and mix flavors well.
- Then, add chopped red chard and continue to mix until evenly blended.
- Lastly, add golden raisins into the salad (can mix together or keep as topping).
- Enjoy right away!