Coconut Flake Almond Butter Oat Bake Cookies
Next time you have an itch to eat something sweet, try this sensational coconut flake almond butter oat bake cookie recipe. Using raw coconut flakes adds nutritious value to this recipe making it a healthy snack or treat to ease your sugar cravings. The texture of the cookies crumble away in your mouth! Treat yourself with the essence of sweet aromas and delightful flavors with every bite.
Healthy Tip: Coconut offers a variety of nutrients, including fiber, manganese, copper, and selenium. It is known that coconut contains saturated fats in the form of auric acid. The saturated fats help produce more of your high-density lipoprotein, the “good”cholesterol that reduces your risk of heart disease.
2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons flax seeds + 1/4 cup water (egg-replacer)
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Using a small mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients: oats, coconut flakes, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Next, mix together separately the flax seeds with water in a small container. Set aside and allow to thicken.
- Meanwhile, using a larger mixing bowl mix together wet ingredients: almond butter, oil, maple syrup, egg-replacer and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Next, scoop (2 tablespoons) size portions of dough and place on cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 10-18 minutes.
- Pull cookies out of the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool.