Sprouted Red Quinoa Salad
Sprouted Red Quinoa Salad – This is a raw vegan dish, which encompasses sprouted red quinoa (seed). Sprouting in general is known to reduce anti nutrients such as tannins, phytic acid, oxalic acid and uric acid – meaning it provides minerals in the plants, which are more bio-available to the body. Quinoa is loaded with fiber and about 8 grams of protein per cup. Try this light salad with your favorite herbs or spices to enhance flavors.
Healthy Tip: Buy sprouted grains such as quinoa. Sprouted grains contain increased essential nutrients including B-vitamins, Vitamin C, folate, soluble fiber and essential amino acids.
1 cup raw sprouted red quinoa
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (sliced)
A handful of fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 lemon (juices)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Fresh avocado (halved)
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos (by choice)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- First, using a large bowl toss the sprouted red quinoa, grape tomatoes, cilantro, lemon juice, and olive oil together.
- Mix together ingredients till evenly blended.
- Next, cut the avocado in half, and set aside. (Add to top of salad)
- Can garnish with fresh cilantro. Braggs liquid aminos by choice, and drizzle more extra virgin olive oil over the top to set the flavors.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy right away.