Blueberry Oat Hot Cakes
This is a great meal to jump-start your day. Blueberries are a super food, they offer numerous benefits to your health, by boosting mental health, increasing bone strength, and promoting healthy blood pressure. These blueberry oat hot cakes are tasty and nutritious, as they will keep you feeling energized and feeling full longer.
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/8 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flax-seed
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A hand full of frozen or fresh blueberries
- First using a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, flax seeds, olive oil, and blueberries, and stir together. Consistency should be like a thick batter. You can add extra non-dairy milk for a smoother consistency.
- Next heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Measure the pancake batter into the skillet using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until the edges turn golden brown.
- Once the edges are slightly golden, flip and heat another side till it’s slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and enjoy while hot.
Toppings: Berries, raw dark chocolate, lemon zest, orange zest, raw coconut flakes, nuts, or your favorite nut butter.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.