Blueberry Oat Hot Cakes
This is a great meal to jump-start your day. Blueberries are a super food, they offer numerous benefits to your health, by boosting mental health, increase bone strength, and promotes healthy blood pressure. These blueberry oat hot cakes are tasty and nutritious, as they will keep you feeling energized and feeling full longer.
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/8 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flax-seed
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A hand full of frozen or fresh blueberries
- First using a large mixing bowl, combined the oats, flour, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, flax-seeds, olive oil, blueberries, and stir together. Consistency should be like a thick batter. You can add extra non-dairy milk for smoother consistency.
- Next heat a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Measure the pancake batter in to the skillet using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until the edges to turn golden brown.
- Once the edges are slightly golden, flip and heat other side til it’s slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and enjoy while hot.
Toppings: Berries, raw dark chocolate, lemon zest, orange zest, raw coconut flakes, nuts or your favorite nut butter.