Waffle Ice Cream w. Caramelized Bananas
This is not a traditional breakfast, its a delicacy. I never occurred to me that putting ice cream on a waffle would turn out this amazing. But of course, I was visiting with one of my best friends when this came to life. We were in conversation about how you caramelize banana’s? Hence, the inspiration of these delicious caramelized bananas and pairing it with waffles is what truly make this recipe come to life. So here is is, the best thing came to life, a breakfast that takes you out of this world. If you are not a huge fan of banana’s, you can pair the waffle with other toppings. Click here to check out my my Warm Caramelized Apple’s as a replacement for a topping.
1 – 2 Dark Chocolate Chip Waffles (Natures Path Organic)
1 large ripe banana
2 – 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 – 2 scoops Dairy-Free Ice Cream (Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Caramel Fudge)
A handful of raw walnuts (chopped)
Instructions: Prepare the caramelized bananas first before preparing other ingredients
- First, pour extra virgin olive oil and maple syrup in a small skillet on medium heat.
- Next, peel banana.
- Then, chop banana into 1/4″ slices and add into skillet, stir occasionally and cook till golden brown or soft.
- Continue to heat for about 3-5 minutes till syrup forms little bubbles.
- Meanwhile, place waffle/s into toaster and brown them to your liking.
- When done, place waffle/s onto a small plate, top with your ice cream, caramelized bananas, and walnuts.
- Voila! Enjoy right away!