Raw Romaine Lettuce, Spinach Hummus, Microgreens & Vegan Cheese Boats
Try these juicy, raw vegan, romaine lettuce boats! These are truly refreshing snacks and make a wonderful shareable side dish! Romaine lettuce offers a delightful way to obtain substantial amounts of vitamins, such as vitamin A. Romaine lettuce is enriched with macronutrients, such as lutein (you can usually consume it when you eat leafy greens). According to Macular.org, lutein reduces the risks of “Macular Degeneration” and supports the health of your eyes. While having a crunchy, juicy, flavor, this is also a filling snack that takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare and you’ll have ready to eat in no time. I love King Harvest brand hummus when I am not making my own. But to each their own. I truly love making my own too and the recipe is below.
If you want to give my hummus recipe a try visit here.
3 – 4 lettuce leaves
A hand full of Microgreens (Bright Fresh)
Spinach Hummus (King Harvest)
Vegan Jalapeno Cheese (Follow Your Heart)
Tahini oil (optional, can drizzle a lite amount over lettuce boats)
Season with Himalayan salt & pepper to taste!
- First, wash produce, pat dry. Place onto a serving plate to prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Using a serving spoon scoop spoon fulls of hummus and spread over the inside of the lettuce boat.
- Spread Microgreens over the top of the hummus.
- Slice the cheese into vertical 1/2 inch pieces and place them over the top of the hummus.
- Season with Hymilayan salt & pepper to taste!
- Serve and enjoy!
“Lutein May Decrease Risk of Macular Degeneration – AMDF.” American Macular Degeneration Foundation, 23 Jan. 2019, www.macular.org/luteingclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyZhfa2t7as3zU1KTBoTm9Q9mucppEFKSIzueJWXA_-ne2ds3sjALiIaAg3KEALw_wcB.
If you love this recipe share it. Also, follow us on social media.