Plant Based Meat Bella Mushroom Tacos
If you have been searching for meat alternatives, this is the recipe you want to try! These plant based tacos are gluten-free, rich in minerals, and vitamins! They are savory, sweet, with a little bit of heat! Bella mushrooms are known to boost the entire body’s immune system function, strengthen your bones, and support brain function. They are packed with vitamin B, which helps in boosting energy levels. According to a study in 2019, the National University of Singapore, suggests “eating two 3/4 cup servings of cooked mushrooms per week may reduce your odds of mild cognitive decline.” These delicious tacos offer wonderful benefits to help support your health and diet regimen! Try them with my home made guac!
(Plant Based Meat)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 white/yellow onion (diced)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup chili pepper (diced)
1 – 2 stalks celery (sliced)
1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1-2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
8 oz baby Bella mushrooms (prepare last in food processor)
(For the Tacos)
1 cup cooked Basmati rice + 1/4 cup sweet corn + 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
1 large ripe Avocado (pitted & diced)
Roma Tomatoes (de-seeded & diced)
1 Lime (juice’s)
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Season with Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste!
1. First, wash and pat dry produce, then set aside.
2. Next, using a medium nonstick pan over medium-low heat, add olive oil, onions, garlic, chili peppers, celery, along with spices.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally watch onions turn translucent.
4. Add the mushrooms to a food processor and pulse until they have broken down into a crumbly texture. Then transfer them to the pan (may have to do small batches). Continue to stir and cook mushrooms till they soften.
5. Remove from heat, and dish up!
6. Arrange your tacos with stuffing and add toppings. Squeeze lime juice on top to enhance flavors!
7. Season with Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste! Enjoy.
Feng L;Cheah IK;Ng MM;Li J;Chan SM;Lim SL;Mahendran R;Kua EH;Halliwell B; “The Association between Mushroom Consumption and Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Community-Based Cross-Sectional Study in Singapore.” Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease : JAD, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30775990/.