Raw Brussels Sprouts Salad With Orange Tahini Dressing
These are not any ordinary Brussels sprouts, these will make your taste buds jump as they are slightly tangy and sweet in flavor. Try this healthy raw Brussels sprouts salad with orange tahini dressing as a complimentary flavor. Top with your favorite herbs, spices, nuts or hemp seeds.
Healthy Tip: Buy organic or shop at a local farmers markets to get the best quality ingredients. Using fresh herbs over dried herbs are better for bringing out the refreshing aroma and flavors.
Toppings: Can garnish with fresh herbs. I like to use parsley and a hand full of nuts or hemp seeds.
1/2 lb Brussels sprouts (sliced)
2 stalks celery (diced)
2 small-medium beets (peeled)
1/2 small-medium sweet potato (peeled)
1/2 cup carrots (peeled)
1 apple (cored and sliced)
1/2 small red onion (diced)
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
1/4 cup scallions (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon grainy mustard (or dijon)
1/3 cup raw tahini (or regular, NBD)
1 large orange (juice)
Maple syrup for sweetener
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced brussels sprouts, celery, beets, sweet potato, carrots, sliced apple and red onions.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper and mix well.
- Set aside.
- For the dressing: Mix dressing ingredients in a food processor on low till you have a smooth consistency.
- Check for seasoning, and taste.
- Transfer the dressing onto the salad.
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.