Hearty Vegan Pinto Bean & Lima Bean Soup
Hearty Vegan Pinto Bean & Lima Bean Soup – Just like any other meal, eating soup can offer immediate access to essential nutrients. This hearty vegan pinto bean & lima bean soup is loaded with proteins, vitamins and nutrients in every bite. Eating soup is not only healthy, it also keeps you feeling completely nourished and hydrated.
Healthy Tip: Can buy organic raw beans in bulk section at your local market.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 shallots (peeled and chopped)
4 large carrots (chopped)
4 celery stalks (chopped)
8 – 10 cups purified water
8 oz tomato paste (added to broth)
1 cup raw Pinto beans (soaked for 24 hours prior)
1 cup raw Lima beans (soaked for 24 hours prior)
3 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cumin
A few springs of thyme or parsley by choice
Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium add the shallots, carrots, and celery. Extract the flavors, until shallots turn translucent in color.
- Then add purified water and stir in tomato paste. Add raw beans and continue to stir occasionally.
- Add bay leaves, spices, and herbs by choice.
- Next, cover and simmer for about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
Thank you for reading our blog, you can thank us by buying us a smoothie!
If you find our blog useful, kindly share it with your friends.