Savory Shiitake Mushroom SoupWhat a spectacular earthy-flavored soup this is! I may be biased… Tis’ the season to cozy up, keep warm and round up your raw veggies which are starting to near the end. I paired my favorite fungi vegetable with hearty root vegetables, refreshing herbs, and spices. According to The Journal of nutrition “preliminary evidence suggests that mushrooms may support healthy immune and inflammatory responses through interaction with the gut microbiota, enhancing the development of adaptive immunity, and improved immune cell functionality.” Traditionally mushrooms are known for their superfood effects, such as their healing properties to boost the entire immune system, forestalling the aging process, and advancement of the health promotion process. Ingredients: 16 oz shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced) 16 oz Carrots (sliced) 2 – 3 cups white onion (diced) 1/2 lb Red potatoes (peeled and cubed) 3 Celery Stalks (diced) One hand full of fresh parsley (finely chopped) 1 cube Veggie Bouillon (stir into the broth) 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast 4 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos 8 cups purified water (broth) 2 – 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (broth) Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste! Instructions:
- Broth: Start with preparing vegetable broth beforehand. (https://jaclyncreations.com/2017/01/08/vegan-vegetable-broth-recipe)
- Meanwhile, wash and prep veggies and continue to stir in vegetables as you go.
- Add freshly chopped parsley into the broth and cube of veggie bouillon and stir till it dissolves.
- Mix in Nutritional Yeast (can leave out), Bragg Liquid Aminos (salt replacement), and spices, continue to simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Season with Himalayan or kosher salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy right away!