Raw Avocado Mango Herb Salad
This raw avocado mango herb salad recipe encompasses avocado’s which are a highly nutrient-dense fruit. 1/3 of avocado can offer over 20 minerals and vitamins in one bite. Avocados contain healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which are known for reducing high cholesterol and promoting overall healthy brain function.
2 Haas Avocado
1 Mango (diced into small pieces)
1 Jalapeno (thinly sliced pieces)
1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced pieces)
A hand full of shredded carrots
A hand full of raw pumpkin seeds
A hand full of fresh cilantro (garnish)
A couple of radishes (garnish)
Jaclyn’s Asian ginger sauce (drizzle)
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, slice the avocados in half and scoop out the meat using a tablespoon. Pit the avocados and place the meat on a small plate.
- Next, slice open the mango and peel the skin off and dice the mango into small pieces making sure to cut around the pit. Toss the mango slices on top of the avocado.
- Wash both the jalapeno and bell pepper, then cut them into thinly sliced pieces and add them on top of the ingredients on the dish.
- Using shredded carrots, toss a handful of carrots with the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, add a handful of raw pumpkin seeds with the rest of the ingredients.
- Wash the cilantro and chop it into pieces, arrange it around the dish and use it for a garnish.
- Wash and slice a couple of radishes and include them in the dish as a garnish.
- When finished with building your salad you can prepare the sauce to drizzle over the top.